Ron Arnold Team & Extra Steps We Are Taking
A letter to our current & future sellers | April 3, 2020
It seems like everywhere we turn… news, radio, family, and friends……the conversation revolves around COVID-19, aka Coronavirus. Selling your home is already a huge decision and with the additional anxiety of what’s going on and around us, we know the whole situation can be overwhelming. We want to THANK YOU for trusting us to guide you through this time and we want to continue to earn that trust by implementing all the “Best Practices” to ensure you and your family are protected. Please see the detailed protocols (below) now in place to help you be safe during this time. We have attached the OC Public Health notice as well as Best Practices from the California Association of Realtors to our MLS. We have made these parts of the actual supplements on your listing on the MLS and made it mandatory for their compliance with these strict standards. Some of the most important points for agents to follow (just for your knowledge) are:
- Agents should read and understand the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how to protect yourself. This is critically important!
- Any persons on the property must agree to adhere strictly to the social distancing guidelines at all times by remaining at least six feet apart per the recommendations established by the CDC
- Any person entering a property shall provide by declaration that to the best of their knowledge, they are not currently ill with a cold or flu; do not have a fever, persistent cough, shortness of breath, or exhibit other COVID-19 symptoms; have not been in contact with a person with COVID-19; and will adhere to and follow all precautions required for viewing the property at all times. All persons visiting a property will agree to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer prior to entry, and to wear disposable rubber gloves and a protective face mask, if one is made available. In addition, sellers must disclose to all persons who enter the property if the seller is currently ill with a cold, flu or COVID- 19 itself, or has a fever, persistent cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptoms, or has been in contact with a person with COVID-19. Further, if anyone who enters the property is later diagnosed with COVID-19, the person who is diagnosed must immediately inform the listing agent, who will then make the best efforts to inform everyone who entered the property after the person diagnosed, of that fact.
- Refrain from touching any surface during a showing
- If the size of the residential unit makes it difficult to maintain the six-foot distance for all parties attending the showing, individuals may need to wait outside and come in the property one at a time, at all times maintaining proper social distance.
- REALTORS® should follow the above protocols when conducting any in-person interactions, but should refrain from any non-electronic unsolicited marketing during the COVID-19-related declaration of emergency.
- Sellers and buyers must be expressly made aware of the risks of showing and visiting properties: that it may be dangerous or unsafe and could expose them or others to coronavirus (COVID-19). Sellers and buyers must be advised of their responsibilities pertaining to COVID-19 protocols regarding social distancing and other CDC guidelines.
During this time there will be specific showing instructions:
- All showings are to be held by appointment only. We will let you know in advance of a showing if you are not already being contacted directly from the agents requesting showings.
- We advise you to please turn the lights on and leave interior doors, drapes and blinds open. This ensures that agents and clients will not have to touch anything in the home.
- Gloves will be provided by us to be placed at your home for agents and clients to use. They will dispose of themselves outside the home. We are also going to be providing agents with wipes be sure they disinfect the key, the box, and the doorknob prior to utilizing.
- We are advising you do not be present at the same time as other individuals. You may remain on the property or in the common area of the HOA, but not in the dwelling itself while agents, buyers, inspectors or others are viewing it. There will be a document that must be signed, as requested by brokerages, if you do decide to stay within the property during these times.
- We will discuss after the showing with you through electronic means such as email, telephone, Zoom or FaceTime, rather than in person, as maintaining a conversation while adhering to the social distance guidelines is difficult
- There will be no open houses, broker tours or broker previews. A virtual open house or showing scheduled for a specific time may be permissible with your approval, however, we advise you not to be present during such a virtual open house, just like during any such showing.
- To do our part and keep face-to-face contact at a minimum, all of the following activities can and should be processed electronically:
- Taking photography using a video-based system. This helps to create virtual tours for people to be able to see the home without needing to see it in person.
- Preparing and signing purchase agreements or other contracts.
- Accepting offers
- Preparing any amendments to a purchase agreement or other contract
- Depositing funds
- Delivering any notices or demands.
THANK YOU again for trust during this time. Please know I am always available at
714-457-4009 or Ron@RonArnoldTeam.com
Below is the contact information to other team members if I am not immediately able to answer:
Listing Manager – Halle Zacher at 626-241-0693 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Manager – Melissa Tvedt at 714-257-5495 or email@example.com
Transaction Coordinator – Melinda Kirkwood at 714-348-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Realtor – Jeffrey Munson at 714-319-4555 or Munse39@gmail.com
Realtor – Will Lau at 714- 468-9152 or email@example.com
Realtor – Sue Arnold at 714-457-4005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Warmly, Ron and Team